It's been quite some time that I have not write in here. Well, I was just seen Rem Koolhaas - A kind of Architect video. People would ask me who is my favorite Architect, usually I'd say him or Gaudi (All time favorite and no one can beat his eccentric style). In fact, I am not fancied by any of Koolhas's buildings. But there's a time when I started to love Architecture in my 7th semester college studio project, I started to read S,M,L,XL. I couldn't finish read the whole thing. It was a goddamn thick book and expensive too. I still remember by those good times reading his book at the library and making few study models. Fascinated by its graphic design, content of the book. quotes, and not only that. He is a remarkable editor. and it sort of drives me crazy to watch this video. I began anxious, perpetually happy, biting nails of its excitement, by the spirit and how he works in his own office, OMA AMO, and the way that he felt disappointment with United States because at the same time he was holding two big project or competition in re-building World Trade Center in NY and CCTV in Beijing,China. But I think it was a good thing, where the ground zero put in the place. He is always sort of Architect that drives me sensation and mixed up emotions. That's why I put in the title as "remember Koolhaas" for what I want to reminiscing all kind of graphic or thought I put in my "Universal Home" project in school. It was a quick answer for what a building towards its functionality and not as a definitive answer between the dichotomy of Smallness versus Bigness. And it was the first time I encounter the affair with Architecture, whereas I still couldn't separate my visions and it. the dream place. the work. the passion.
good night.







No comments:
Post a Comment